Thursday, February 13, 2014

And so it begins...

Since I'm not exactly sure of the format I'd like to use, I'm going to just kind of free write and see where it goes.

Okay, here we go. *Cracks knuckles*



The first thing I noticed was the tissues. Sadly, that's the item that gave me the least information. Moving clockwise, we get to the remote, suggesting you have a television in the room, probably either to the right or directly behind where the picture was taken based on the placement of the bed. Moving farther counterclockwise takes us to the black CFL light bulb, which begs the question, "Where is your blacklight"?

But we're just getting warmed up. You took quite a while to upload this picture based on the fact that your watch says 3:55, and coupling this with the wallet, we can determine that you are most likely male. You also most likely live East of the U of A campus based on what appears to be a Good Egg coupon to the far right of the table (or perhaps you just really like their food). You are, as your CatCard would suggest, a student at the University of Arizona, but are most likely in your third or fourth year (that style was not available to students starting in the 2013 school year, which would mean you are at least a junior). Now back to the dance shoes. It's a moderately priced brand. You probably got them for 20-30 dollars, suggesting that you are new to the art. Combine that with the information from the CatCard (and a little digging on UAccess) and I arrive at the conclusion that you are most likely enrolled in either Dance 144A or 144B at the U.

Oh, but wait, there's more. Your phone is conspicuously absent from the picture (not plugged into the charger on the ground) suggesting that you may have used it to take the picture. But I think I know better. I think the phone was in your pocket at the time, and that you used an actual camera to take the photo based on the resolution. On a hunch, I would hazard a guess that you used a Cannon Powershot SX280HS.

Finally, I would like to know if you have a CD player in your room, because it seems odd that you would be transporting that ripped Keith Urban album back and forth from there to your car. Also, are you going to Country Thunder?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed the first of many deduction sessions. Feel free to comment with any other observations that I may have missed, or questions about the thought process involved. And don't forget, if this is your picture, be sure to let me know how I did!

2 comments:

  1. Mr. Holmes, I think I would like deductions related to the body pillow, blanket, penguin pillow and other items of the bed, also I believe, based on the watch and the spot of light on the floor further deductions might be made about the orientation of the room... might you oblige this casual observer (and it's not my image)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say that the body pillow could suggest a very specific sleeping orientation or, depending on your interpretation, even the existence of another person who might make use of the bed on a semi-regular basis. Based on what we know of this person already, I would suggest that the penguin pillow is a matter of personal preference, or perhaps even a leftover piece of a childhood sheet set. Finally, I see what appears to be a new pack of towels, or maybe a small blanket, pillow cover, etc. Based on the bed, I can safely say that this person is completely comfortable with being comfortable.

      Delete